Join Cleveland Sports Insiders Jim Pete and Michael Hattery as they take a look forward at perhaps the most important part of the 2014 major league season, the hot stove season.
The market right now is unknown for the Cleveland Indians, as their focus is firmly on their starting rotation options that are already on-hand.
Will the Indians be able to add by subtraction? CSI takes a look at what the Indians need to do out of the gate to make sure that they can contend for a World Series in 2014.
Here’s a quick look at what to expect:
- Michael talks small market baseball at 6:30.
- Michael and Jim look at what possible combinations the Indians may sign between Scott Kazmir, Ubaldo Jimenez and Justin Masterson at 8:30.
- A scenario in which you deal Justin Masterson at 12:00.
- How good Danny Salazar really is at 14:00.
- Time to talk Jose Ramirez at 23:27.
- Why talking about a trade for any of the St. Louis Cardinals’ starters is insane at 54:00.
- How good a prospect across the majors is Jose Ramirez at 29:30.
- How discussing a Carlos Santana or Yan Gomes trade doesn’t mean he’s not valued…as a matter of fact…just the opposite at 31:40.
- How good could Scott Kazmir be at 39:48.
- What do the Indians HAVE to do this offseason at 48:48.